The Regional Transportation Alliance business leadership group invites you to hear from expert speakers about emerging mobility systems and innovative transportation approaches during a two-day series that was held online, April 15 and 16, 2020.
Made possible by the RTA Leadership Team, and held in concert with the Research Triangle Cleantech Cluster and NCDOT, the series highlighted active initiatives in our region and state as well as other efforts across the country.
The series was free to attend.
WATCH the recorded webinars:
- Day 1: Innovative approaches for intersections, freeways, and transit
- Day 2: Automated mobility and connected transportation
See links to each presentation below.
RTA Innovations and Solutions Series - April 2020
In partnership with Research Triangle Cleantech Cluster and NCDOT
Day 1: Wednesday, April 15: Innovative approaches for intersections, freeways and transit
Day 2: Thursday, April 16: Automated mobility and connected transportation
2p – 3:30p both days – hosted online
Wednesday, April 15:
- Dr. Joseph Hummer, PE, state traffic management engineer with NCDOT, on dynamic left turn intersections (DLTi) and updated SaFID intersection selection charts (presentation)
- Larry Sutherland, PE, national technical director of highways for WSP, on single ramp systems for general purpose and managed lanes (presentation)
- Taruna Tayal, mid-Atlantic regional applied technology manager with VHB will provide an overview of the RTA FAST study being conducted in concert with GoTriangle and NCDOT (presentation)
Thursday, April 16:
- Dr. Stuart Ginn, medical director of WakeMed Innovations, on drones and other emerging mobility systems in healthcare (presentation)
- Joshua Dodson, internet of things (Iot) sales specialist at Cisco Systems (presentation)
<This event has now passed and registration is closed>
There is no cost to attend, but you must register in advance.
Each registration includes access to both Wednesday and Thursday.
Please email Natalie Ridout with questions.
Event sponsor: $999
Benefits: company name recognition in advance of event, name and verbal recognition during event, registration for eight (8) participants, and opportunity to participate in event agenda.
RTA Leadership Team
RTA Gold Members
Greater Durham Chamber of Commerce
Red Hat, Inc.
Research Triangle Foundation of North Carolina
Summit Design and Engineering Services, PLLC
Wake County Economic Development (EDGE6)
Wetherill Engineering, Inc.
RTA Silver Members
AT&T North Carolina
The Carolantic Fund
Chatham Park / Preston Development
Coastal Federal Credit Union
First Citizens Bank
First National Bank
Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau
Gregory Poole Equipment Company
North Carolina Railroad Company
North Carolina State University
Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority
SAS Institute Inc.
The Special Event Company
The Sunrock Group
The Umstead Hotel and Spa
UNC Chapel Hill
RTA Senior Regional Partners
Capital Area MPO
Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro MPO
City of Durham
GoRaleigh / City of Raleigh
Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority
Town of Cary
Triangle J Council of Governments
RTA Bronze Members
Alfred Benesch & Company
Bolton & Menk
Branch Banking & Trust Co.
Capitol Broadcasting Co., Inc.
Clancy & Theys Construction Company
Fox Rothschild LLP
McKim & Creed
Raleigh Regional Association of Realtors
Ramey Kemp & Associates, Inc.
Trinity Capital Partners
WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Wake Technical Community College
York Properties, Inc./McDonald-York Building Company