At our 2021 Transportation Breakfast on July 9, RTA released a new report from the RTA RDU AID task force that provided updated recommendations to address a looming $2 billion future capital infrastructure shortfall at RDU.
Identifying sustainable funding for essential growth at RDU Airport is the top transportation priority of the regional business community.
In response to a request by RDU Airport in summer 2019, the Regional Transportation Alliance created the RTA RDU Airport Infrastructure Development (“AID”) task force to review relevant information about RDU’s infrastructure and operating needs. The initiative was announced Sept. 12, 2019.
RTA RDU AID task force members are a diverse group of business leaders from RTA member firms who are dedicated to the success of our hometown international airport and our growing region.
Task force members had previously presented their preliminary findings and recommendations for potential sources of revenue and funding at the 2020 RTA annual meeting on Jan. 17, 2020.
The regional business community reactivated our RTA RDU AID task force in early 2021 to identify a stable financial footing for the airport, in what is now a volatile, changed, and lowered air travel environment as a result of the pandemic.
RTA RDU AID task force members
- Joe Anglim, Senior Director, Corporate Strategy, Red Hat, Inc.
- Jim Beley, General Manager, The Umstead Hotel and Spa
- Sarah Gaskill, Director of Leadership and Talent Acquisition, Accuro
- Linda Hall, Executive VP and CFO, The Research Triangle Foundation of NC
- Rob Herman, GM/Executive Director, Workstation Business Unit, Lenovo
- Harold Hicks, Senior Director, Real Estate, Fidelity Investments
- Monty Irvin, President and CEO, Ramey Kemp and Associates, Inc.
- Gray Styers, Attorney, Co-chair of Infrastructure Practice, Fox Rothschild LLP
- Kristen Hess, President and CEO, HH Architecture
- Brett Le Cheminant, Global Head of Cleared Derivatives, Credit Suisse
- John McGeary, Middle Market Commercial Mgr., SVP, First National Bank
- Lee Anne Nance, Chief Operations Officer, Executive Vice President, Stewart
- Mike Schoenfeld, VP Public Affairs and Government Relations, Duke University
(RTA 2021 chair; ex officio to task force)
Task Force Reports
Interested members of the community can offer suggestions anytime by emailing RDUAID@letsgetmoving.org.