Member Briefing: May 29, 2020
- May 29, 2020
- Posted by: Joe Milazzo II
- Category: Member briefing
Here is a brief weekly update from the RTA business coalition — the voice of the regional business community on transportation.
While we will have to wait until we are past the pandemic to truly understand all of the lessons from this health and economic crisis, there is one lesson that is already apparent. This week’s blog offers some observations on the subject of assuming nothing and taking nothing for granted in our thinking about mobility solutions – I welcome your feedback.
Keep your thoughts coming
Speaking of assumptions, last week I asked our members to answer a question about any changes in their thinking about travel, and many of you have already responded. We are keeping the question open through the weekend, and I encourage you to provide a response to Natalie. For convenience, I have reprinted the question below.
- Q. Name one thing that has changed about the way you think about your current or upcoming travel.
- This could be your daily commute when we get back to “normal”, it could be other local / regional travel via car or bus, it could be air travel.
- Then describe whether you expect that change in thinking and thus your behavior to continue for at least the next several months – or what change could make you feel differently?
Your responses will inform our discussion at the annual leadership retreat later this summer with RTA Leadership Team members and other guests.
Your strategic business perspective and mindset are essential for advancing regional mobility — thank you for your membership in RTA!
Let’s get moving,
Joe Milazzo II, PE
RTA Executive Director