Member briefing: May 22, 2020
- May 22, 2020
- Posted by: Joe Milazzo II
- Category: Member briefing
Here is a brief weekly update from the RTA business coalition — the voice of the regional business community on transportation.
RTA member survey — one “thoughtful” question for you
At the conclusion of this week’s RTA Leadership Team meeting, we asked participants to consider this single question:
- Q. Name one thing that has changed about the way you think about your current or upcoming travel.
- This could be your daily commute when we get back to “normal”, it could be other local / regional travel via car or bus, it could be air travel, etc.
- This change could be directly safety related, or it could be something that occurred in your thinking as a result of the coronavirus and our economic and policy response to it (e.g., our recent blog about aligning meeting purpose, type, and schedule; a shorter, LinkedIn version is here).
- Then describe whether you expect that change in thinking and thus your behavior to continue for at least the next several months – or what could make you feel different about your current travel thinking.
Natalie is compiling the results, so please email her directly by next Friday, May 29. Your responses will inform the thinking of our RTA Leadership Team members and other guests at our annual leadership retreat later this summer.
RTA is not leading on zero fare transit for our region…
Actually that is only sort-of-true. We are conducting a study on expanding a zero fare pilot, and RTA Leadership Team member HDR is doing a very nice job on that effort, but the regional business community recognizes that this study is really phase 7a for the region’s zero fare journey – a journey that has been going on for more than two decades. You can learn more about that perspective, and the ongoing RTA study, in this week’s Thursday Thoughts at 3 blog post.
I hope that each of you enjoys your holiday weekend – thank you for your membership and support.
Let’s get moving,
Joe Milazzo II, PE
RTA Executive Director