A FAST vision for the TrianglePresented by Research Triangle Foundation of North Carolina
Tuesday, August 4, 2020
8 a.m. – 9 a.m.
Join the regional business community at the 2020 RTA Transportation Breakfast — presented by the Research Triangle Foundation of NC — for a presentation and discussion with the regional business community of the draft findings from two RTA-coordinated studies on enhanced regional transit.
Breakfast attendees will receive preliminary findings from the RTA FAST network study — funded by RTA in concert with GoTriangle and NCDOT — to develop a Freeway And Street-based Transit (FAST) network to link our region, complement upcoming bus rapid transit investments, and connect with RDU Airport as well as future commuter rail.
Business executives and transportation leaders will also receive preliminary findings of an RTA study on the potential expansion of zero fare transit in our market.
An executive business panel discussion will follow the transit study presentations with speakers including:
- Maeve Gardner, GlaxoSmithKline, RTA 2020 chair
- Jay Irby, First Citizens Bank, RTA regional transit chair
- Julia Wright, Dominion Energy, RTA policy chair
- Pete Marino, Smith Anderson, RTA freeways chair
- Scott Levitan, Research Triangle Foundation of NC, president and CEO
- Joe Milazzo II, RTA, executive director – moderator
Research Triangle Foundation of NC (presenting sponsor)
- RTA Gold members receive 4 tickets included with their membership investment.
- RTA Silver members, Senior Regional Partners, and Bronze members receive 2 tickets included with their membership.
- RTA Standard members have 1 ticket included with their membership.
- $95 – RTA member additional ticket.
- $125 – Non-RTA member ticket.
- $35 – Public-sector ticket rate for virtual event.
- No refunds after July 30.
*Coronavirus registration note: This annual event is traditionally held in-person and typically hosted by RTA Leadership Team member The Umstead Hotel and Spa. However, North Carolina will still be under coronavirus phase 2 restrictions in early August, which renders the in-person execution of our breakfast event impossible. Since we will conduct this event as a webinar on August 4, there are no longer any limits to the number of ticket purchases for this event.
Presenting Sponsor ($5,000; restricted to RTA Sustaining Gold members)
- Event “presented by” your company
- Opportunity to participate in event agenda
- Reserved parking with firm logo
- Prominent recognition at event and on RTA event webpage
- Plus all Event Sponsor benefits below
Event Sponsor ($999)
- Company name displayed on event signage and event agenda
- Name and verbal recognition at event
- Name recognition in RTA promotional e-mails and on RTA event webpage
- Registration for eight (8) participants at event
- RTA membership is not required to serve as an Event Sponsor.
Note: RTA Gold, Silver, and Bronze memberships also include recognition benefits at all events
Click here to sponsor the event.
RTA is a regional program of the Raleigh Chamber, which has determined that this event is permitted under Section 138A-32(e)(1)c of the General Statutes.
RTA Leadership Team
RTA Gold Members
Greater Durham Chamber of Commerce
Red Hat, Inc.
Research Triangle Foundation of North Carolina
Summit Design and Engineering Services, PLLC
Wake County Economic Development (EDGE6)
Wetherill Engineering, Inc
RTA Silver Members
AT&T North Carolina
The Carolantic Fund
Chatham Park / Preston Development
Coastal Federal Credit Union
First Citizens Bank
First National Bank
Fox Rothschild LLP
Gregory Poole Equipment Company
North Carolina Railroad Company
North Carolina State University
Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority
Ramey Kemp & Associates, Inc.
SAS Institute Inc.
The Special Event Company
The Sunrock Group
The Umstead Hotel and Spa
UNC Chapel Hill
UNC Health Care / UNC REX Healthcare
Wake Technical Community College
RTA Senior Regional Partners
Capital Area MPO
Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro MPO
City of Durham
GoRaleigh / City of Raleigh
Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority
Town of Cary
Triangle J Council of Governments
RTA Bronze members
Alfred Benesch & Company
Bolton & Menk
Capitol Broadcasting Co., Inc.
Clancy & Theys Construction Company
McKim & Creed
Trinity Capital Partners
WakeMed Health & Hospitals
York Properties, Inc./McDonald-York Building Company