RTA takes a strategic approach to critical transportation priorities, focusing on areas where regional business leadership can make a meaningful difference.
2019-20 top mobility priorities of regional business community
1. Accelerate the 540 southeast extension to I-40
1A. Identify sustainable funding for RDU Master Plan objectives including new runway
2. Advocate fast, enhanced transit and accelerated completion of regional transit corridors
3. Promote congestion relief for I-40, I-440, 540, US 1, US 70, US 64, and NC 54
4. Advance innovative mobility solutions including dynamic left turn intersection (DLTi) pilots and freeway shoulder use
5. Support short-term relief as well as sustainable funding for surface transportation such as a network access-based approach
View the full 2019-20 RTA Action Plan approved by the RTA Steering Committee Sept. ’19.