Below is a list of recent initiatives that RTA and regional partners have successfully completed work on this year.
Selected Recent Accomplishments in 2017
- NCDOT Secretary Trogdon announces the Department is seeking to accelerate Complete 540 construction to 2018 at RTA annual Transportation Breakfast on July 14, 2017 — accelerating 540 is RTA’s top priority
- RDU Airport receives $31 million in new, recurring funds in NC budget approved June 1, 2017 — funding for RDU’s master plan is RTA’s second-highest priority
- New low-cost project fund is created and receives $44 million in new, recurring funds in NC budget approved June 1, 2017 — a concept initiated and lobbied for by RTA
- I-540 express shoulder lanes receives $70 million in new state funding in the draft Statewide Transportation Improvement Program released June 28, 2017 — an innovative project introduced and spearheaded by RTA
- NC Turnpike Authority selected for USDOT Automated Vehicle Proving Ground on 540/Triangle Expressway — RTA formally endorsed the application which gained approval in January 2017
- RTA formally supports regional electric bus grant application submitted to the Federal Transit Administration in June 2017
See our Testimonials and Case Studies page for more information about RTA engagement on our priorities and a few testimonials from key partners.