Triangle Mobility Action Partnership (Tri-MAP) serves as an ongoing, triannual forum to increase understanding and build consensus among elected officials, transportation partners and the regional business community regarding surface and air transportation opportunities and challenges. The Regional Transportation Alliance business coalition coordinates the periodic (3x /year) Tri-MAP meetings.
Tri-MAP affords participants a solution-oriented dialogue to help identify potential success pathways as well as pitfalls in the advancement of our region’s mobility agenda. Individual Tri-MAP participants cooperatively provide the information, guidance and insights needed to help the region develop sound transportation policy and outreach strategies.
Triangle Mobility Action Partnership (Tri-MAP)
Wednesday, January 30, 2019
10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
hosted by Research Triangle Foundation
Welcome – Maeve Gardner, RTA legislative and policy chair
Keynote speaker – to be announced
Brief updates – maximum 3 minutes for each partner
- City of Raleigh – Michael Moore
- City of Durham – Terry Bellamy
- Town of Cary – Jerry Jensen
- Town of Chapel Hill – Bergen Watterson
- Capital Area MPO – Chris Lukasina
- Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro MPO – Aaron Cain
- Triangle J Council of Governments – John Hodges-Copple
- RDU Airport Authority – Mike Landguth
- GoTriangle – Jeff Mann
- NC Railroad Company – Scott Saylor
- Research Triangle Foundation of North Carolina – Scott Levitan
- NCDOT Mobility and Safety – Kevin Lacy
- NCDOT Division 5 – Joey Hopkins, Boyd Tharrington
- NC Turnpike Authority – Beau Memory
- NC House of Representatives
- NC Senate
- Federal Highway Administration – Brad Hibbs
- US Congress – Asher Hildebrand (Congressman Price)
- US Senate – Austen Nowell (Sen. Tillis) and Betty Jo Shepheard (Sen. Burr)
- Regional Transportation Alliance business coalition – Joe Milazzo II, RTA executive director
Review prior meeting agendas since 2013 here.
Tentative 2019 Tri-MAP triannual meeting date calendar
All meetings 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at RTP Headquarters – 12 Davis Dr.
- Wednesday, Jan. 30
- Wednesday, May 15
- Wednesday, Sept. 18
All Tri-MAP meetings are hosted by:
The Triangle Mobility Action Partnership (Tri-MAP) is a public-private regional transportation strategy forum facilitated by the Regional Transportation Alliance business coalition.
- Partial list of participants:
Capital Area MPO, City of Durham/GoDurham, City of Raleigh/GoRaleigh, Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro MPO, Durham County Commission, Federal Highway Administration, GoTriangle, NC Board of Transportation, NCDOT, NC House of Representatives, North Carolina Railroad Company, NC Senate, NC Turnpike Authority, Orange County Commission, Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority, Research Triangle Foundation of North Carolina, Research Triangle Regional Partnership, Town of Cary/GoCary, Town of Chapel Hill/Chapel Hill Transit, Triangle J Council of Governments, US House of Representatives, US Senate, Wake County Commission, area chambers of commerce and the Regional Transportation Alliance.