The Triangle Mobility Action Partnership (Tri-MAP) serves as an ongoing forum to increase understanding and build consensus among elected officials, transportation partners and the regional business community regarding key surface and air transportation opportunities and challenges. The Regional Transportation Alliance business coalition coordinates the semi-annual Tri-MAP meetings.
Tri-MAP affords participants a periodic solution-oriented dialogue to help identify potential success pathways as well as pitfalls in the advancement of our region’s mobility agenda. Individual Tri-MAP participants cooperatively provide the information, guidance and insights needed to help the region develop sound transportation policy and outreach strategies.
Triangle Mobility Action Partnership (Tri-MAP)
Semi-annual regional forum, hosted by the Research Triangle Foundation
Wednesday, March 21, 2018
10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. — please note the earlier start time of 10 a.m.
Welcome – Maeve Gardner, RTA legislative and policy chair
Keynote speaker – Secretary Jim Trogdon, NCDOT
Brief (2-3 minute) partner updates:
- City of Raleigh – Eric Lamb
- City of Durham – Terry Bellamy
- Town of Cary – Jerry Jensen
- Town of Chapel Hill – Bergen Watterson
- Wake County – Nicole Kreiser
- Capital Area MPO – Chris Lukasina
- Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro MPO – Terry Bellamy
- Triangle J Council of Governments – John Hodges-Copple
- RDU Airport Authority – Dave Young
- GoTriangle – Jeff Mann
- Research Triangle Regional Partnership – Ryan Combs
- NC Railroad Company – Catherine Knudson
- NCDOT Division 5 – Joey Hopkins
- NC Turnpike Authority – Beau Memory
- NC House – Rep. Grier Martin
- NC Senate – Sen. John Alexander and Sen. Mike Woodard
- Federal Highway Administration – Joe Geigle
- US Congress – Tracy Lovett (Congressman Price)
- US Senate – Austen Shearer (Sen. Tillis) and Betty Jo Shepheard (Sen. Burr)
- Regional Transportation Alliance business coalition – Mike Krannitz, RTA legislative and policy vice chair
Review prior meeting agendas since 2013 here.
2018 Tri-MAP meeting date calendar
Both meetings 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at RTP Headquarters – 12 Davis Dr.
Wednesday, March 21 (replaces April 27 meeting)
Friday, Oct. 19
Note: 2018 semi-annual Tri-MAP meetings begin at 10 a.m., not 10:30 a.m.
All Tri-MAP meetings are hosted by:
The Triangle Mobility Action Partnership (Tri-MAP) is a public-private regional transportation strategy forum facilitated by the Regional Transportation Alliance business coalition.
- Partial list of participants:
RTA Steering Committee and regional member Chambers of Commerce, Capital Area MPO, City of Durham, City of Raleigh, Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro MPO, Durham County Commission, Federal Highway Administration, GoTriangle, NC Board of Transportation, NCDOT, NC House of Representatives, North Carolina Railroad Company, NC Senate, NC Turnpike Authority, Orange County Commission, Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority, Research Triangle Foundation of North Carolina, Research Triangle Regional Partnership, Town of Cary, Town of Chapel Hill, Triangle J Council of Governments, US House of Representatives, US Senate, Wake County Commission.