RTA Priority: Highlight technology innovations and emerging paradigms to identify new solutions
The regional business community is focused on elevating advancements in technology and transportation that could impact our regional mobility future.
Areas of focus include emerging concepts in connected transportation, intelligent systems, automation, electric propulsion and more.
The RTA supports the advancement of autonomous vehicle pilot projects in the Research Triangle region and encourages the consideration of electric buses as new transit investments are deployed in our market.
- RTA leadership endorsed the 540 Triangle Expressway as an autonomous vehicle proving ground in January 2017, supporting the NC Turnpike Authority’s formal USDOT application
- The RTA 2016 State of Mobility event featured presentations on self-driving vehicles, the secure Internet of Things (IOT), and artificial intelligence with speakers from Cisco, IBM, and Meridian Autonomous
- Proterra begins autonomous bus project with University of Nevada – Reno (May 2017)
- Arlington, Texas, Experiments With Driverless Shuttles (May 2017)
- Driverless Shuttles Being Tested In San Ramon business park (March 2017)
- Self-driving, electric shuttle “Olli” is on trial ahead of commercial launch in US cities including Las Vegas and Miami in 2017 (Oct. 2016)