Regional Transportation Alliance
October 2019 BRT Opportunity Series
in concert with the Greater Durham Chamber of Commerce and
the Chamber For a Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro
Thursday, October 24, 2019
10 am – 12 noon
Nasher Museum of Art
2001 Campus Drive, Duke University, Durham
The RTA BRT Opportunity Series is a follow-up event to the June 2019 RTA Leadership Briefing and Tour to Virginia. The October 2019 event will include some of the speakers from the tour as well as new presentations that will showcase work from elsewhere that may inform potential opportunities for advancing bus rapid transit in and across our market.
There is no charge to attend, but you must register in advance as space is limited.
Regional and local transit information
From Raleigh via GoTriangle DRX; from Chapel Hill via GoT 400/405 to GoDurham 6/6b or to Duke University C2/C4; Durham locally via Duke University bus routes C1, C2, CSW or GoDurham 6, 6b. Use the GoTriangle trip planner here.
Additional location and parking details are here.
Current agenda overview
Click here for full agenda details, including timings.
- Geoff Lang, MetLife, 2019 RTA chair
- Dr. Stelfanie Williams, Duke University
- Ellen Reckhow, Durham County Commissioner and 2018-19 GoTriangle chair
Confirmed public sector speakers
- Carrie Rose Pace, Greater Richmond (Va.) Transit Company
- Corey Pitts, Montgomery County (Md.) Department of Transportation
- Brian Litchfield, Chapel Hill Transit
- Mila Vega, GoRaleigh
- Julie White, NCDOT deputy secretary for multimodal transportation
Confirmed private sector speakers
- Monica Barrow, STV: Low-cost, faster implementation BRT elements
- Mark Huffer, HNTB: The evolution of BRT
- Jorge Luna, HDR: Advancing BRT with a focus on customer experience
- Greg Saur, WSP: Precision Docking with BRT
- Dan Meyers, AECOM: Lessons Learned from BRT Construction
- Betty White, Kimley Horn: Defining your BRT System – Branding and Beyond
- Joe Milazzo II, RTA executive director
Our private sector speakers will present information and perspectives from across North America regarding opportunities to jumpstart, scale, and leverage BRT to serve a variety of community goals.
Event sponsors of the October 2019 RTA BRT Opportunity Series
- Duke University (host sponsor)
- Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority
- STV Inc.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Event sponsorship: $999
Benefits: company name recognition on event signage and event agenda, name and verbal recognition at event, name recognition in RTA promotional emails, name recognition on RTA event webpage.
RTA major investors
RTA Gold, Sustaining Gold*, Presenting Gold**, Omnia Gold*** members=
EDGE5 — Wake County Economic Development Program*
Fred Smith Company*
Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority*
Red Hat, Inc.
Research Triangle Foundation of North Carolina***
Summit Design and Engineering Services, PLLC*
Wetherill Engineering, Inc.
RTA Silver Members
AT&T North Carolina
The Carolantic Fund
Coastal Federal Credit Union
First Citizens Bank
First National Bank
Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau
Gregory Poole Equipment Co.
North Carolina Railroad Company
North Carolina State University
SAS Institute, Inc.Smith Anderson
The Special Event Company
The Sunrock Group
The Umstead Hotel & Spa
UNC Chapel Hill
UNC Health Care/UNC REX Healthcare
Senior Regional Partners
Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization
Durham-Chapel Hill- Carrboro Metropolitan Planning Organization
GoRaleigh / City of Raleigh
Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority
Town of Cary
RTA Bronze Members
Alfred Benesch & Company
Branch Banking & Trust Co.
Capitol Broadcasting Co., Inc.
Clancy & Theys Construction Company
Fox Rothschild LLP
Highwoods Properties Inc.
Raleigh Regional Association of Realtors
Ramey Kemp & Associates, Inc.
Skanska USA Building, Inc.
WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Wake Technical Community College
York Properties, Inc./McDonald-York Building Company