Friday, July 12, 2019
presented by: Research Triangle Foundation of North Carolina
7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
The Umstead Hotel and Spa, Cary
Links and downloads
- Report: Research Triangle hyperloop pre-feasibility concept prepared by AECOM
- Full presentation deck
- RTA media advisory; VHO press release
- Local media coverage: News & Observer; TBJ; WRAL; WRAL TechWire;
- National media coverage: TechCrunch; Cheddar; Gizmodo; Engadget; TechSpot
- See the conversation on Twitter via @RTATriangle and #RTABFAST19
About the 2019 event
The regional business community will welcome Ryan Kelly, Head of Marketing and Communications, with Virgin Hyperloop One as keynote speaker of the RTA 2019 Transportation Breakfast. Mr. Kelly will discuss the new “hyperloop” transportation technology concept, which employs electric propulsion and magnetic levitation to quickly move people and product in capsules gliding in a low pressure tube. Mr. Kelly will be joined by Alan Eckman with AECOM who will speak to a new preliminary Triangle hyperloop pre-feasibility report that will be released at the event.
NCDOT Chief Deputy Secretary David Howard will also offer state perspectives on technology and disruption.
Additional speakers and panelists who will also discuss the emerging intercity transportation technology and potential implications include:
- Virgin Hyperloop One – Ismaeel Babur, senior civil engineer
- AECOM – Sreekanth Nandagiri, VP, North Carolina Transportation Business Unit leader
- NC Department of Transportation – Jason Orthner, rail division director
- Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority – Michael Landguth, president and CEO
- Research Triangle Park – Scott Levitan, president and CEO
- UNC Chapel Hill – Brad Ives, associate vice chancellor for campus enterprises and chief sustainability officer; RTA regional transit chair
- MetLife – Geoff Lang, vice president and general manager, Cary global technology and operations; RTA chair
- Regional Transportation Alliance – Joe Milazzo II, executive director
Registration and sponsorship information
Registration has closed
RTA members have one or more tickets included with their membership. Additional tickets are $50 for RTA members.
- Sustaining RTA Gold members and higher receive 8 tickets to the event
- RTA Gold members receive 4 tickets for this event
- RTA Silver members, Senior Regional Partners, and Bronze members receive 2 tickets
- RTA Standard members have 1 ticket
Event sponsors receive 8 tickets with their $999 sponsorship. Click here for sponsorship details.
Questions? Contact Natalie Ridout at 919.664.7062 or email@example.com
Click here for summary information on past RTA Transportation Breakfast events since 2009.
RTA Major Investors
RTA Gold, Sustaining Gold*, Presenting Gold**, Omnia Gold*** members
Logos shown at the bottom of this and every RTA webpage
EDGE5 — Wake County Economic Development Program*
Fred Smith Company*
Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce*
Red Hat, Inc.
Research Triangle Foundation of North Carolina***
Wetherill Engineering, Inc.
RTA Silver Members
AT&T North Carolina
Coastal Federal Credit Union
First Citizens Bank
First National Bank
Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau
Gregory Poole Equipment Co.
North Carolina Railroad Company
North Carolina State University
Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority
SAS Institute, Inc.
The Special Event Company
Summit Design and Engineering Services, PLLC
The Sunrock Group
The Umstead Hotel & Spa
UNC Chapel Hill
UNC Health Care/UNC REX Healthcare
Senior Regional Partners
Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization
Durham-Chapel Hill- Carrboro Metropolitan Planning Organization
GoRaleigh / City of Raleigh
Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority
Town of Cary
RTA Bronze Members
Branch Banking & Trust Co.
Capitol Broadcasting Co., Inc.
Clancy & Theys Construction Company
Fox Rothschild LLP
Highwoods Properties Inc.
Raleigh Regional Association of Realtors
Ramey Kemp & Associates, Inc.
Skanska USA Building, Inc.
WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Wake Technical Community College
York Properties, Inc./McDonald-York Building Company
Event sponsors of the RTA 2019 Transportation Breakfast
Research Triangle Foundation of North Carolina (presenting sponsor)
First Citizens Bank
Snyder-Hankins Custom Homes
Turner Rodgers Joint Venture
RTA 2019 Transportation Breakfast Sponsorship Information
Help show your support for the RTA and regional mobility by sponsoring the RTA 2019 Transportation Breakfast event. See sponsorship information below and call 919.664.7062 or email us with questions or to sign up. Sponsorships are open to both RTA and non-RTA members.
Event Sponsor – $999 investment
- Benefits: company name displayed on 2019 RTA Transportation Breakfast event signage and event agenda, name and verbal recognition at event, name recognition in RTA promotional emails, name recognition on RTA event webpage, registration for eight (8) participants
- To purchase an event sponsorship online, click here and select the “purchase” checkbox for the following item:
“RTA Transportation Breakfast 2019 – Event Sponsor”
- Note: RTA Gold, Silver, and Bronze memberships also include recognition and visibility benefits at all RTA events
- Call 919.664.7062 or email us with questions.
RTA is a regional program of the Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce which has determined that this event is permitted under Section 138A-32(e)(1)c of the General Statutes.
Click here for summary information on past RTA Transportation Breakfast events.