The high-growth Research Triangle region is consistently ranked as having some of the lowest levels of traffic congestion of growing major metropolitan areas in America, with future freeway improvements accelerated due to our state’s data-driven funding and allocation law.
In addition, our core counties are investing more than $100 million annually in dedicated, locally-controlled funds to create a robust suite of flexible, scalable enhanced transit options. Moreover, RDU International is the most well-connected mid-size airport in the United States, with 50 nonstop destinations including London and Paris.
This market has a 15+ year track record of success of advancing the mobility investments our region needs through strong regional business leadership in concert with our elected and transportation partners. Together, we are committed to the preservation of our competitive mobility advantage and the enhancement of effective travel options for new and current businesses, citizens, and visitors.
- America’s Most Forward-Moving Region: RTA 2018 Triangle Mobility Report – released Dec. 14, 2017
- RTA business case for Amazon HQ2 – posted Sept. 28, 2017
- RTA summary of transportation advantages of the Triangle region – revised Sept. 28, 2017
- RTA map of upcoming roadway improvements – revised Aug. 11, 2017
- RTA 2018 transportation priorities – approved Sept. 8, 2017